Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 | Author: sethu
- Maida – 1 cup
- Sugar-1 cup
- Rice flour-2 tbs
- Ghee- 2 tbs
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Sieve maida, add 1 tbs ghee and mix well.
- Add adequate water and knead it into a thick paste to make 2 mm thick rotis and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbs ghee in a kadai till it melts and remove from heat.
- Add rice flour to the hot ghee and mix well.
- Make 6″-diameter maida rotis.
- Spread rice flour paste thinly and evenly on the top of one roti.
- Place another roti on it and spred rice flour paste on the top side.
- Place the third roti on it and spred rice flour paste on the top side.
- Roll the three-layered roti smoothly,but tightly, into a long rod.
- Cut the roll across into 1″ pieces.
- Place each small roll in a slanting position and press the roll smoothly into a long 2 mm poori.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the pooris till golden brown and place them over tissue paper/cloth to drain the excess oil. Spread the pooris onto a plate.
- Grind sugar and cardamom into fine powder and sprinkle it over the pooris. Turn over the pooris and sprinkle the sugar powder again.