Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 | Author: sethu
- Curry leaves, cleaned – 4 cup
- Pepper corn – half cup
- Jeera – half cup
- Asafoetida – 1 cm cube / 1 tsp powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat kadai, when hot add pepper corn and roast in medium flame, till it splutters and emanates smell. Remove from heat and keepa side to cool.
- Roast jeera and roast in medium flame, till it splutters and emanates smell. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
- Roast curry leaves till they dry well and become crispy. The leaves will crumble when you pinch them.
- Roast asafoetida piece with a few drops of gingelly/Sesame oil, dry roast for 1 m in case of powder.
- When the above are cool, add salt to taste, powder them in a mixie and store in an air-tight container.
- While eating rice, mix 1 tbs of Curry leaves mix with 1 tsp of gingelly oil/ghee, and eat a few mouthful of rice at the start. Use the above mix as a side for idli or dosa as to reduce burping, acidity and indigestion. Use this method twice a day for one month, and once a day afterwards.