Monday, September 09th, 2013 | Author: sethu
- Rice Flour – 2 cup
- Salt half tsp
- Oil 1 tsp
- Water 3 cups
- Heat water in a pan with salt and oil till it starts to boil
- Add hot water in small quantities to the rice flour, continuously stirring with a ladle, till it becomes a thick paste
- Roll into a ball, cover it with a damp cloth, cover it with a lid and allow it to stand for 5 min
- Make small balls and roll it into a round and thick sheet of flour- Traditionally, we place flour ball on suitably cut plantain leaves and press it with fingers or roller to get flour sheets. Or place cut plantain leaves on the bottom side of the press and put the flour ball in the middle. Place butter paper/oiled plastic sheet over it and lightly press to get a thick sheet of flour. Remove the butter paper/plastic sheet
- Put a spoonful of sweet or chutney mix ( Refer to Kolukkattai Pooranam) at the center and fold into a semicircle and pinch the edges to close it to get the dumplings.
- Steam the dumplings on a idly cooker for 3 to 4 min.