Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 | Author: sethu
- Maida – 1 cup
- Rice flour-1/4 cup
- Curd -1/4 cup
- Sugar-1 cup
- Ghee- 2 tbs
- Oil for frying
- Sieve maida and rice flour, add 1 tbs ghee and mix well.
- Add adequate curd in small quantities, knead it into a thick paste and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Make 1-2 mm thick pooris and cut them into diamond shaped pieces. Arrange individual pieces carefully in a plate.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry them, in small numbers at a time, till golden brown in color.
- Pour sugar in a wide-mouthed kadai, add only enough water to cover the sugar, and heat it to get one string consistency.
- Add the diamond cuts into the sugar syrup and mix gently.