Friday, December 04th, 2009 | Author: sethu
- Rava – 2 cups
- Rice Flour – 1.5 cup
- Maida – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 4 cups
- Big Onion – 1 -cut into thin 1″ slices
- Green Chillies -2 -cut into thin round pieces
- Ginger – 1″ – cut into tiny pieces
- Pepper – 2 tsp – crushed coarsely
- Jeera (cumin seeds) – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 10 – cut into pieces
- Coriander leaves cut into pieces – 2 tsp
- Ghee / sesame oil
- Take Rava, rice flour, maida, curd, red chilli powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add water to the above, mix throughly and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Add onion, green chillies, ginger, pepper, cumin seeds, curry leaves and coriander leaves to the above batter and, if needed, add more water to have a thin consistency so that the batter will flow freely in a hot tava.
- When tava is hot, stir the batterwith a ladle and spread a thin layer starting from the outer edge to the centre. Do not press the batter with the ladle. Add a few drops ghee / sesame oil to the dosa. Remove when dosa is crispy and fully roasted. In case the dosa is thick add more water to the batter.
- Seve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.