Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 | Author: sethu
- Tomato – 4 no
- Big Onion – 1 no – sliced 1″ pieces
- Garlic – 8 cloves diced nicely
- Ginger – 1 cm – diced nicely
- Green chillies – 2 no – diced nicely
- Chilli powder – half tsp
- Coriander Powder – half tsp
- turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1″
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – half tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves finely chopped – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Slice tomatoes and grind into a nice paste, add 5 cups of water and keep aside
- Heat oil in a kadai, when hot, add cinnamon and mustard. When they splutter, add Urad dal and after 10 sec, add green chillies, garlic, curry leaves and onion. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add turmeric, chilli and coriander powder and roast for 5 sec
- Add tomato paste and salt. Stir well, cover with a lid and cook in medium heat for 15-20 min, stirring now and then.
- When fully cooked and raw smell disappears, add coriander leaves and serve.
Note: Suits well with idly, dosa and toasted bread. You can even serve as soup /appetizer