Chenna kunni- 1 cup.
- Big onion- 2 nos-cut into fine pieces
- Tomato- 2 nos -cut into fine pieces
- Coconut powder/scrapings – 1 cup
- sombu-2 tsp
- chilli powder-2 tsp
- coriander powder-3 tsp
- turmeric powder-half tsp
- salt to taste
- curry leaves
- oil 4 tsp
o Pour water over chenna kunni and wash gently to remove dirt and sand. Collect the clean floating chenna kunni. Repeat the wash 2 or 3 times until the sand settles down in water.
o Grind coconut and sombu into a fine paste and make up 150ml with water.
- Add Chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt to taste, curry leaves to the coconut-sombu juice
- Heat oil in a kadai, when hot add onion and fry until light brown, add tomato pieces and fry for 2 minutes. Add chenna kunni and fry for 1 minute.
- Add kulambu mix (1) and cook for 10 minutes in medium fire until it thickens into gravy consistency.
Note: This gravy goes well with rice