Wednesday, July 08th, 2009 | Author: sethu
- Nethili dry fish-20 nos. Remove head and tail, dip in water for 5 minutes, rub with hands to remove scales and dust and drain out water.
- Tamarind-lemon size. Soak in water for 10 minutes, squeeze out juice and make up 3 tumblers of juice with water.
- Onion big size 1- cut into half inch cubes
- Garlic-5 gloves- smash thinly
- Pepper powder-1 tsp, Chili powder 3 tsp, coriander powder- 4 tsp, turmeric powder-half tsp, any one vegetable: 1 Drumstick/ 2 pieces of mango/ 2 no Brinjal/ 1 plantain – cut into small pieces.
- Fenugreek -1 tsp
- Oil-4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Mix all items in (5) in tamarind juice.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add fenugreek. When it splutters, add onion, garlic and fish one after the other. Fry for 2 minutes in medium fire.
- Pour the kulambu mix in (1) and cook for 10 minutes in medium fire until the vegetables get cooked and thick consistency is obtained
- Remove from fire, add curry leaves.
Note: This dry fish gravy goes very well with rice and curd rice