Sunday, July 05th, 2009 | Author: sethu
- Basmati rice 4 cup
- mutton/ chicken 250 grams
- Big Onion 5 nos – thinly sliced
- Tomato-5 no – sliced
- Paste of Garlic 8 no
- 2” ginger
- green chilli 4 no
- pudina 1 cup – finely chopped
- coriander leaves 3 cups – finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- curd 2 cups
- chili powder 2 tsp
- cinnamon – 1″ piece
- cloves – 3 pieces
- cardamom – 3 pieces
- Soak rice for 30 min. In one burner boil water in a container. Add rice and boil for 2 min. Drain the hot water and use it for thum in step 3.
- In another burner heat 8 tsp oil in a kadai. When hot fry onion for 1 min, add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom, green chillies. When onion turns golden brown, add half cooked mutton/chicken. Add salt to taste. Fry for 5 min. Add ginger-garlic paste, chili powder, curd and cook in slow fire, frequently turning the contents.
- Add half-cooked rice to the gravy and mix thoroughly. Cover the container with a plate and place hot water thum over the plate. Cook in very, very slow fire for 10 min.
- Remove from fire and add limejuice evenly.