Wednesday, July 08th, 2009 | Author: sethu
- Coconut powder/scrapping – 1 cup with 2 tsp
- Sombu 2 tsp
- Fenugreek 1 tsp
- Chili powder 4 tsp
- Coriander powder 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder half tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Big onion 2 – cut into small pieces
- Tomato 1- cut into small pieces
o Clean 500 gm prawn/crab pieces
o Grind coconut with sombu and add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric and salt to taste.
o Chop 2 big onions and 1 tomato into fine pieces.
- Heat 6 tsp of oil in a kadai and add 1 tsp fenugreek and allow it to splutter. Add onion pieces and fry for a minute, add tomato pieces and fry for another 1 minute. Add prawn/crab pieces and fry in oil for 1 minute.
- Add coconut-masala paste, curry leaves, adequate water and cook for 10 minutes till raw smell disappears. Cook in slow fire till oil separates.
Note: It goes well with rice, idly or dosa.