Wednesday, July 08th, 2009 | Author: sethu
- Fish-500 gm
- Small/big onion-100 gm-tomato 50 gm-coarsely grind them into thick paste
- Tamarind-half lemon size(25gm)-make thick paste of tamarind
- Coconut powder/scrapings half cup
- Sombu (aniseed) powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder-3 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-half tsp
- Salt to taste
- cooking oil – 8 tsp
- Clean and slice 500 gm of fish suitable for frying in tava.
- Grind coconut and sombu into thin paste. Add all other items and mix well into a thick paste.Dip fish slices in this paste for 30 minutes.
- Heat a tava and add 4 tsp oil. Place the coated-slices of fish on the tava and cover it with a lid for a minute and remove the lid. Continue to fry till golden brown and turn the slices upside down and fry till golden brown. Add oil as and when necessary.