Thursday, September 02nd, 2010 | Author: sethu
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Red chillies – 5 no
- Oil – 1 tbs
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Split Urad dhal – 1 tsp
- Asafoedita – 1 pinch
- Curry leaves – 5 no
- Salt to taste
- Grind coconut, red chillies and salt into a thick paste.
- Add a little water and grind again to get a smooth paste.
- Add 2 cups of water to make a thin chutney.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds and urad dhal.
- When they splutter add asafoedita and curry leaves. Mix it well with the chutney.
To have another variant of this chutney try the following:
6. Cut 4 small onions into thin slices and saute in oil till they turn golden brown and add it to chutney.