Sunday, July 05th, 2009 | Author: sethu
- Big onion 1 (75g) cut into small pieces
- tomato 1 (75g) cut into small pieces
- garlic gloves 30
- fenugreek 1 tsp
- mustard 1 tsp
- sombu (aniseed) 1 tsp
- whole small onions 10 cleaned
- chili powder 2 tsp
- coriander powder 3 tsp
- turmeric powder 1 pinch
- jeera (cumin seeds) powder half tsp
- tamarind paste 1 tsp
- coconut milk 1 cup
- cinnamon 1”
- cloves 2
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon, cloves, sombu, fenugreek, mustard. When they splutter add onion pieces and mix well.
- Add whole small onions and garlic gloves. Fry till they turn light brown. Add tomato pieces, turmeric powder, salt and cook for 5m.
- Add chili powder, jeera powder, coriander powder and mix well. When oil separates, add tamarind paste, adequate water and cook for 5m.
- Add coconut milk and when the sauce starts to boil again, remove from heat, add finely chopped coriander leaves.